User Tag List

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Ram 700 to debut at 2015 Detroit Auto Show

Ram will unveil a compact pickup truck at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show next week.

According to Autoline, Ram will debut the 700 in Detroit, a compact pickup based on the Fiat Strada. The small truck carries the Fiat badge in international markets, though in Mexico it is known as the Ram 700.

The truck sold in Mexico uses a 115-hp 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine and the truck has a 1,500-pound payload capacity, a number that is comparable to some half-ton pickups. When it comes to the U.S., expect the engine to be beefed up, likely to the same 2.4-cylinder four-cylinder found in the ProMaster City that makes 178 hp and 174 lb-ft of torque. A nine-speed automatic transmission is also likely.

this is a test
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 04:22 PM

Hedgbloom said its not ready for the US and I haven't seen it in coverage yet....

Quote:
When asked if the Ram 700 would come to the US on Autoline After Hours, Ram CEO Bob Hegbloom responded, “Not at this time. It’s not homologated; it’s not setup to come to the US. Certainly we’ve looked at it and we’ll continue to look at opportunities.”
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 04:13 PM

One thing for sure is would be GREAT to see a Ram 700 sitting with a Chevy Colorado, Toyota Tacoma & Nissan Frontier in a comparison like what I posted below.

So while there is a segment for such a truck and considering that, there sure seems to be some way for RAM to justify a move into this segment.

OH, and if this does indeed happen... it could very well be called the RAM Dakota

Last edited by AllTrail; 01-13-2015 at 04:16 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 12:26 PM
FNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTrail View Post
One thing for sure is would be GREAT to see a Ram 700 sitting with a Chevy Colorado, Toyota Tacoma & Nissan Frontier in a comparison like what I posted below.

So while there is a segment for such a truck and considering that, there sure seems to be some way for RAM to justify a move into this segment.

OH, and if this does indeed happen... it could very well be called the RAM Dakota

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbqnSZBvBeA
good point
even when it comes to pricing the ram 700 should start right on par since I see chevrolet usa has the colorado starting from $20k

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 07:54 AM

ram truck is very powerful i used for personal and as well for towing, car and truck towing service in NYC very satisfied with the performance.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page