Will the Ram 700 make it to America? - Ram 700 Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Will the Ram 700 make it to America?

Speculation has been running rampant about whether or not the Ram 700 will be sold in the USA. After an American debut at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show, it was only natural to wonder if the small truck would be heading stateside for sales. Ultimately, prospective buyers and enthusiasts have been lefting wondering.

Ram CEO Bob Hegbloom told Autoline After Hours "Not at this time. It's not homologated; it's not setup to come to the US. Certainly we've looked at it and we'll continue o look at opportunities," when asked if the Ram 700 would come to the US.

AutoGuide asked a similar question to Ram and was told "we cannot comment on the possibility of future product" by a Ram spokesperson.

On the other hand, speculation about the Ram 700 coming to the states goes back to November of last year, as you can see from this CarBuzz article.

The question remains, why would Ram show off a truck in the US that they have no intention of eventually selling there? I would say that things are in limbo, but I am leaning more towards it making than jump than it not.

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 04:04 PM

Well I don't know, the internet was on fire RAM 700 in DETROIT!!!111!!!!!1!!!! but.... the RAM700 didn't come to Detroit...

Yesterday was press day and today was opening day. Debuts don't typically take place mid show...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 04:10 PM

Even AllPar reports it won't be sold in the United States and Canda, and anyone that has looked for information on Chrysler/Fiat products know how good of a source they are!

I think chance of this going to north america is very slim.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 12:28 PM
FNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wangan View Post
Well I don't know, the internet was on fire RAM 700 in DETROIT!!!111!!!!!1!!!! but.... the RAM700 didn't come to Detroit...

Yesterday was press day and today was opening day. Debuts don't typically take place mid show...
that's what i noticed
was expecting that it would be released at the detroit show but after enough looking through event coverage i figured it was just all rumors that didn't hold any weight

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

I suppose its rumors. Are they rumors based on anything solid or was it just some crazy journalist who was making up news so that they had something to write about? Just wondering if there is any kernel of truth to this.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 07:36 PM
FNS

there is demand for such a vehicle in north america
and so, chrysler/fiat could very well respond to that with this as maybe.... a dakota?

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 11:01 PM

I have been looking for a small truck like this RAM 700. We have a 2005 Chevy Colorado that my daughter took over as her daily driver, and

I drove a 1990 Ford Ranger more than 200,000 miles. I am 5'8" tall, and the full size trucks are simply too big to be practical. I was excited about the Colorado, but it is closer to a full size than a compact truck. There is NOTHING in the USA close to this RAM 700, and I think that between the low price, and the small size, it would be a huge sales success here in the U.S.

Additionally, one of our auto magazines spotted one that was heavily disguised driving in the Detroit area. I hope that means that FCA is thinking about selling this here in the United States. It would be a perfect complement to our 2015 Jeep Cherokee.

Thanks,

Ted Turner
Hollywood, Maryland

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page